Thursday, August 14, 2008

Laptop idea revisions

Looking at my cash in hand I'm thinking just a simple white MacBook (why does the black version have to cost an extra 100 bucks?!?) will be better choice than the MacBook Pro. I'll still be getting similar specs on it (smaller screen and one less USB port - sigh...). Thinking logically, I'm going to wait until apple updates their line of computers, which should be happening in a month or two.


My laptop will run on an Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.4Ghz or more (depends on price at the time of purchase), will have 4 GB of RAM (600mhz or faster), a graphics processor (cheap ol' apple can't even give you a graphics card...tsk, tsk). It will have a 13 inch monitor, a full keyboard, trackpad, Wi-Fi, etc. For more details check out: http://www.apple.com/macbook/


Tech Specs at a glance:
  • 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
  • 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
  • SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • Keyboard (English) / User's Guide
  • 13" High Gloss Screen
I will have Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) with Linux (PCLinux or Ubuntu) and Windows Vista as alternative boot options (see my last laptop update to see more about my planned OS's) for when I need them. I also plan on getting a cheap ( possibly a few hundred dollars) CCD for imaging with my telescope.

That's all my laptop ideas for now, I'll make sure to keep you posted.

reevesAstronomy

No comments: